a l t . m u s i c . d i o

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Open for business.


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Mar 26, 2008
RE: Open for business.



Done.

__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



The Wereo

Status: Offline
Posts: 250
Date: Mar 26, 2008

artcinco wrote:

squidhammer wrote:

Great job, RT. I especially like the purple.

Are you paying for this or did you use code to lose the ads?

furiousblankstarewinkashamedsmilecrybiggrinawwideaconfusedhmmyawnweirdfacedohevileyeblehidea




It's free. If the ads aren't showing it must be a technical thing on their end. They were there earlier.

I'm not sure what it would cost to be ad free or what additional services that gets you but for now I can live with the ads.

I think ads add a good touch sometimes. I love them on California_Jam. The wereo is the utmost Glory of Awl.









__________________


DIO's #1 Lady Bandit

Status: Offline
Posts: 306
Date: Mar 26, 2008

Whats really nice is...no F.L.O! No overkill of graphics, buttons, lights, gizmos. There's a real nice feel about this place already.

__________________
Love & Lady Kisses






Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Mar 26, 2008

The design is great. But it is missing something. Can you make a page that incorporates Terry's unique "cluster**** of lights and colors" design sense?

__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Mar 26, 2008

squidhammer wrote:

The design is great. But it is missing something. Can you make a page that incorporates Terry's unique "cluster**** of lights and colors" design sense?






One style sheet controls every page so no. But a page like you describe could be created and hosted online and then have its link added to the "The Edge of the World" links holder in the navigation bar.

Or we could just add links to the other two Dio boards there as a kind of olive branch. wink.gif

__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



Magican

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date: Mar 28, 2008

This may very well be something that only bothers me, but something I find distasteful in web boards (and why Usenet will ALWAYS rule) are the long signatures, especially when pictures/graphics are involved. It can be a chore to find the actual text of the post with your eyes, when searching among all the giant banners and text that is stuck on the end of each post.

Just some feedback.

__________________


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Mar 28, 2008

agentalbert wrote:

This may very well be something that only bothers me, but something I find distasteful in web boards (and why Usenet will ALWAYS rule) are the long signatures, especially when pictures/graphics are involved. It can be a chore to find the actual text of the post with your eyes, when searching among all the giant banners and text that is stuck on the end of each post.

Just some feedback.




I agree and am a usenet firster too. So is my amd banner too much?

 



__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



Magican

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date: Mar 28, 2008

When the banners overpower the text of the post, I think its too much.

alt.music.dio does deserve promotion her, but maybe you as a moderator could place a permanent banner along the side, rather than having it be part of every post you make. If you must allow pictures and sig files tacked onto the end of posts, I strongly suggest limits. I'd do away with them altogether myself, but its not my message board. And some people seem to like them. I think they imagine their signatures to be far more interesting to others than they actually are, though. Everyone thinks of themselves as witty.

__________________


Total Addicted GearSlutz!

Status: Offline
Posts: 99
Date: Mar 28, 2008

agentalbert wrote:

 Everyone thinks of themselves as witty.



NO WAY!

 



__________________

Calcitra Clunis

 
--SMC Productions, LLC. - SMC Studios
"Pushing Beyond The Limits"!
http://www.smcstudios.net/
http://www.facebook.com/scot.m.clayton
http://www.Facebook.com/SMCStudios
http://www.reverbnation.com/smcproductionsllc

http://www.reverbnation.com/smcproductionsllc



Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Mar 28, 2008

agentalbert wrote:

When the banners overpower the text of the post, I think its too much.

alt.music.dio does deserve promotion her, but maybe you as a moderator could place a permanent banner along the side, rather than having it be part of every post you make. If you must allow pictures and sig files tacked onto the end of posts, I strongly suggest limits. I'd do away with them altogether myself, but its not my message board. And some people seem to like them. I think they imagine their signatures to be far more interesting to others than they actually are, though. Everyone thinks of themselves as witty.




I agree that sigs and banners can get out of hand visually but in making this board I wanted to try and not become the avatar police or any kind of police for what or how people post. I wanted to see if the freedom of usenet could transition to an html board.

As far as my AMD banner goes, it is the impetus for creating this board so it actually has more of a story behind it than just promoting AMD.

If you use FireFox you can right click and block images from certain servers. That may kill most people's banners but you will have to kill each one separately.

 



__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



The Wereo

Status: Offline
Posts: 250
Date: Mar 28, 2008

iBeaux wrote:

Whats really nice is...no F.L.O! No overkill of graphics, buttons, lights, gizmos. There's a real nice feel about this place already.





No doubt I'm getting a good vibe too. Maybe happy days are here again?

__________________


King of Rock and Roll

Status: Offline
Posts: 132
Date: Mar 28, 2008


 This forim is rocking already!

__________________





  " Like Electric Funeral Fire "



Magican

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date: Mar 29, 2008

artcinco wrote:

 




I agree that sigs and banners can get out of hand visually but in making this board I wanted to try and not become the avatar police or any kind of police for what or how people post. I wanted to see if the freedom of usenet could transition to an html board.

 



Fair point, Art. It's probably better to leave things alone and hope people don't go overboard. You can always change things later. But I think its a good policy to have as few restrictions as possible.

 



__________________


Noob

Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Date: Mar 30, 2008

Hi all... joined as a result of an email from 'squidhammer'.

Having had a dispute of my own with the DuMB, then finding myself less and less inclined to go to the official forum, here's hoping for better over here.

Best of luck with this forum!

__________________


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Mar 30, 2008

ronster500 wrote:

Hi all... joined as a result of an email from 'squidhammer'.

Having had a dispute of my own with the DuMB, then finding myself less and less inclined to go to the official forum, here's hoping for better over here.

Best of luck with this forum!



Hey, ronster500, welcome aboard.

 

 

Funny how there are so many Dio fans that have had issues with both the DuMB and the OFFICIAL board. Strange. biggrin

 

 

Anyway, this place was founded by people with issues with both of those boards so we understand where you are coming from.



-- Edited by artcinco at 17:22, 2008-03-30

__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif

«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard