a l t . m u s i c . d i o

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Poll: John, Hillary or Barack???
Who do you support? [4 vote(s)]

John McCain
50.0%
Hillary Clinton
0.0%
Barack Obama
50.0%
Bob Barr (answer ONLY if you are actually voting for Paul)
0.0%
Ralph Nader (answer ONLY if you are actually voting for Nader)
0.0%
Dio (answer ONLY if you are actually voting for Dio)
0.0%
I never vote
0.0%
I usually vote but won't this time
0.0%


Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Apr 17, 2008
Poll: John, Hillary or Barack???


Why hasn't this inflamatory topic come up here? Who are you voting for?

Here's a little tidbit to get your thought process going...



-- Edited by squidhammer at 16:23, 2008-04-17

__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 17, 2008

I'm for McCain because he is the classic rock candidate but I'm bitter about it.

__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Apr 17, 2008

I'm for Barack. I hope he's liberal enough.

__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 17, 2008

squidhammer wrote:

I'm for Barack. I hope he's liberal enough.




 I don't think you need to worry.  smile



__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



Princess of Fairytopia

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date: Apr 17, 2008

Obama...

Did anyone think I'd say otherwise?

__________________
Intruder come and she leave her mark....


DIO's #1 Lady Bandit

Status: Offline
Posts: 306
Date: Apr 17, 2008

McCain, if I decide to vote per usual Conservative. However, if I decide to cross the line, it will be Obama. The deciding factor will be their views on the current War and the NRA.

Im surprised Wereo and Monica Lewinski didn't make the poll!






-- Edited by iBeaux at 19:18, 2008-04-17

__________________
Love & Lady Kisses






Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 18, 2008

PippiLongstocking wrote:

Obama...

Did anyone think I'd say otherwise?




It seems that both Obama and Hillary have about the same political views as to what they would try to do as President. What do you think most people are using to pick one over the other? Is it Obama's youth and idealism? Is it "let's elect the first African-American" president? Do people view the Clintons as kind of shady or Hillary as unlikeable and off-putting?


 

 



__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 18, 2008

iBeaux wrote:

McCain, if I decide to vote per usual Conservative. However, if I decide to cross the line, it will be Obama. The deciding factor will be their views on the current War and the NRA.




Chances are that McCain will likely be more pro-NRA and more keep the troops in Iraq than Obama. Although if Obama gets elected and starts pulling out the troops on Jan. 20, 2009, it will likely take a year to do that.



__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



DIO's #1 Lady Bandit

Status: Offline
Posts: 306
Date: Apr 18, 2008



So how do you all feel about this? Should she have answered the question instead of bristling the AMERICAN VOTER?


__________________
Love & Lady Kisses






Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Apr 18, 2008

The Clintonians want the best of both worlds. They like to trot out Chelsea as a hip, younger version of Hillary to combat Obama's youth. But when things get heated they want to believe she's still the innocent 15 year old who's virgin ears needed to be shielded from Bill's wild fluid squirting.

__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Apr 18, 2008

artcinco wrote:

 

It seems that both Obama and Hillary have about the same political views as to what they would try to do as President. What do you think most people are using to pick one over the other? Is it Obama's youth and idealism? Is it "let's elect the first African-American" president? Do people view the Clintons as kind of shady or Hillary as unlikeable and off-putting?

 




For me these are the key factors for Obama:


1. If he becomes the first black president, racism in America as an issue will be deflated greatly. When the subjects of prejudice and discrimination come up they will be based on specific situations and not white Americans as a whole.

Who will be able to say that racism is endemic of the entire white population in America when we elect Obama? Ironically, Reverend Wright won't have a leg to stand on once Obama is elected - but Wright may be the one who keeps him out of the office.

2. Hillary, who's been accusing Obama of being an elitist, is, herself, an elitist who obviously thinks she has preeminence when it comes to the office. She has demonstrated the willingness to do absolutely anything in order to stay in power - as was evidenced with the initial Gennifer Flowers scandal, the later Monica scandal, and her absurd Bosnia and gun ownership statements.

It's not that she's absolutely unlikeable. She could do some great things as president. But the more likely outcome would be a further extension of the division between the parties.

3. Obama is my pick because he is, above all things, thoughtful. He's an idealist who doesn't seem to be trapped by his idealism. The problem with most liberals isn't their idealism. It's their hatred for those who disagree with them. They often see the other side of the fence as resulting from strictly evil motivations.

Obama seems willing to try to understand the agenda of all sides and, while certainly trying to manipulate things in his direction, find some kind of acceptable consensus.

Here are the things that are scary to me about Obama:

1. When Ray Nagin originally became mayor of New Orleans he was, basically, a conservative democrat who supported business in a big way. After Katrina he found it necessary to cater to the black population (which, in New Orleans, consists primarily of welfare recipients and crooks) and has never found his way back to sanity.

I hope that no situation would occur that would drive Obama into the arms of the Sharpton and Jackson contingent - but I can't say for sure that he would not.

2. If he is simply too liberal America could slip into the same kind of situations that Jimmy Carter didn't seem equipped to handle. Jimmy was a very good person who just couldn't handle some of the tough work that comes with being president.




__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 18, 2008

squidhammer wrote:

 

For me these are the key factors for Obama:


1. If he becomes the first black president, racism in America as an issue will be deflated greatly. When the subjects of prejudice and discrimination come up they will be based on specific situations and not white Americans as a whole.

Who will be able to say that racism is endemic of the entire white population in America when we elect Obama? Ironically, Reverend Wright won't have a leg to stand on once Obama is elected - but Wright may be the one who keeps him out of the office.

 

For that reason voting for Obama is tempting. Rev. Wright may indeed be part of what alienates enough voters that Obama needs to win, but Wright seems to be sort of an opportunist as evidence that he made his living by preaching a black liberation theology yet is building his multi-million dollar retirement home in a gated white community.

I wonder if Obama running against McCain, a quasi-liberal Republican, helps him, or if his opponent were a more conservative candidate like Huckabee or Romney, would that have made his chances better? I think McCain hurts him as he is not off-putting enough to most voters that may not see as much difference between McCain and Obama, beside the Iraq war.


 

2. Hillary, who's been accusing Obama of being an elitist, is, herself, an elitist who obviously thinks she has preeminence when it comes to the office. She has demonstrated the willingness to do absolutely anything in order to stay in power - as was evidenced with the initial Gennifer Flowers scandal, the later Monica scandal, and her absurd Bosnia and gun ownership statements.

It's not that she's absolutely unlikeable. She could do some great things as president. But the more likely outcome would be a further extension of the division between the parties.

 

We would likely see more of what we saw with Bill Clinton's years, although without the end of the cold war "peace dividend," dot-com boom or a Congress controlled by the Republicans to force budget balancing.

 

3. Obama is my pick because he is, above all things, thoughtful. He's an idealist who doesn't seem to be trapped by his idealism. The problem with most liberals isn't their idealism. It's their hatred for those who disagree with them. They often see the other side of the fence as resulting from strictly evil motivations.

Obama seems willing to try to understand the agenda of all sides and, while certainly trying to manipulate things in his direction, find some kind of acceptable consensus.

 

That would be great if true. Things have become emotional between the parties because of the parity. No longer is one party strongly in the majority. It is a contest or sport now as opposed to doing what is best for the citizens in many respects.

 

Here are the things that are scary to me about Obama:

1. When Ray Nagin originally became mayor of New Orleans he was, basically, a conservative democrat who supported business in a big way. After Katrina he found it necessary to cater to the black population (which, in New Orleans, consists primarily of welfare recipients and crooks) and has never found his way back to sanity.

I hope that no situation would occur that would drive Obama into the arms of the Sharpton and Jackson contingent - but I can't say for sure that he would not.

 

That was one of the weirdest situations because of Katrina. When he first ran he was the candidate of the white voters. After Katrina he realized he needed to be the candidate of the black voters. His transition worked with his "Chocolate City" speech and the overall shoddy campaign of his opponent.

I think if Obama gets in you may see some of the reparations for slavery movement attempt to make him address that issue. How he handles issues like that will set the tone.


 

2. If he is simply too liberal America could slip into the same kind of situations that Jimmy Carter didn't seem equipped to handle. Jimmy was a very good person who just couldn't handle some of the tough work that comes with being president.


 

That is my main concern with Obama. With Hillary there is the Bill presidency to get an idea what to expect. But with Obama it is more of an unknown. McCain would be a sort of Bush-lite. Will voters go with what they know or take a leap of faith?



__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



The Wereo

Status: Offline
Posts: 250
Date: Apr 18, 2008

Wereo awl the way. That's awl.

__________________


Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Apr 18, 2008

Obama vs. McCain: This should be fascinating. I'm curious to see if these guys actually both take the high road even when the going gets tough for one of them.

I like McCain. Most liberals and fence huggers (I like to think of myself a as relatively left-leaning moderate - what would you say, Art?) are fans of McCain the same way Republicans are fans of Joe Lieberman. If he were a Democrat he would be a non-issue because he doesn't fit in. But it could be very helpful that he's already demonstrated he's willing to cross party lines when the time comes.

I'll post a few issues for discussion regarding the national campaign.

__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 18, 2008

squidhammer wrote:

Obama vs. McCain: This should be fascinating. I'm curious to see if these guys actually both take the high road even when the going gets tough for one of them.

I like McCain. Most liberals and fence huggers (I like to think of myself a as relatively left-leaning moderate - what would you say, Art?) are fans of McCain the same way Republicans are fans of Joe Lieberman. If he were a Democrat he would be a non-issue because he doesn't fit in. But it could be very helpful that he's already demonstrated he's willing to cross party lines when the time comes.

I'll post a few issues for discussion regarding the national campaign.




Both Obama and McCain will take the high road while their surrogates sharpen the knives of "Elderly out of touch 100 year war monger cuts taxes for the rich while you die in the street with no healthcare" against "Whack priest terrorist pal sleazy house deal "former" muslim flag pin denier socialist anti-American spouse haver."

Your description of yourself seems correct to me.  smile


 

 



__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard