a l t . m u s i c . d i o

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Rev. Wright
Which of the following is more true [4 vote(s)]

Obama is unelectable because he associated with the reverend
25.0%
The words of Reverend Wright shouldn't affect Obama - they're different people
50.0%
I hate Obama anyway because he's black
0.0%
There is truth in much of what Wright says
0.0%
Wright is the reason racism exists in America
0.0%
1+2
25.0%
1+3+5
0.0%
2+4
0.0%
All of the above
0.0%


Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Apr 28, 2008
Rev. Wright


I watched Reverend Wright nuke Obama's campaign last night. He's trying to explain his wackiness right now to the press - but he apparently doesn't understand soundbyte science.

-- Edited by squidhammer at 16:23, 2008-04-28

__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 28, 2008

I would choose somewhere between your first two poll choices. Wright makes you think about how much Obama agrees with what Wright espouses, although Wright doesn't speak for Obama.

Obama is going to need voters that Wright will likely alienate. And Wright in conjunction with that Weather Underground guy and the guy on trial who was involved in Obama's home purchase start to hit the point where people question Obama about who he associates with and how that will translate to the oval office.

And the GOP were dragged kicking and screaming to the best candidate to compete with Obama. McCain is all over the map and has a good chance to pick up those voters that Wright alienates.

What set Obama apart was how initially he was post-racial. He didn't remind voters of Al Sharpton. Wright may succeed in making voters forget Obama's post-racial appeal. That Obama "bitter" remark also will work against the blue-collar, church-going, gun-owning Democrats.

__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



DIO's #1 Lady Bandit

Status: Offline
Posts: 306
Date: Apr 28, 2008

I'm waiting for some fukktard to cry "separation of church and state." LOL I'm only saying this because in my household, everytime I say that I would not vote for Andre Carson for being a Muslim, or Obama now for this Wright crap, the Mister mentions separation of church and state. Then I proceed to explain to him what that means, to the best of my knowledge, then further go to point out that IF a Muslim is a good Muslim, or a Christian is a good Christian, etc...you don't leave your spiritual beliefs on the back burner for decision making. If it's authentically part of you, and real, there's no way you can just turn it on and off. I would respect Obama and Carson both more if they would just come out and acknowledge that they support Wright and Farakhan (respectively) like it's believed through the evidence.

Neither of these clowns are getting my vote. Im now pissed @ Obama for being a bad patriot and not placing his hand over his heart when the National Anthem is played, among a few other things. WTF is up with that? What if someone I know in the military dies and receives a special funeral as I suspect they will and Obama as President decides to attend. Do you know how pissed I would be if he pulled that unpatriotic garbage an disrespecred a fallen serviceman like that? I might be going to the clink that day!

** Having said that, my choice is #1. At this point I no longer believe Obama can be trusted to make objective decisions based on his alignment with Wright! True, they are two different people, but come on. Birds of a feather really do flock together.




-- Edited by iBeaux at 15:53, 2008-04-28

__________________
Love & Lady Kisses






Paul Kersey of usenet

Status: Offline
Posts: 188
Date: Apr 28, 2008

VOTE QUIMBY!

__________________


DIO's #1 Lady Bandit

Status: Offline
Posts: 306
Date: Apr 28, 2008

Nope wrote:

VOTE QUIMBY!




 VOTE JENGO FETT!



__________________
Love & Lady Kisses






Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Apr 28, 2008

My current feeling is that Obama has a very calculated but reasonable centrist (racially) viewpoint.  Like Nagin, I'm not sure what would happen if the schlitz hits the fan but I'm willing to give him the chance.

There are lots of videos of Obama with his hand on his chest for the pledge so I don't think it was as calculated as some may say. He may simply have been focused on some chick in the audience or his gay lover or bombing a Catholic church.

Here are my pros and cons for both candidates:

McCain -
pro:
- steady and thoughtful leadership based on morals and intelligence
- preaches unity and crossing aisles (and has done so often)
- not a neo-con - he probably doesn't believe in the world changing agenda they have
- is truly an advocate for cutting spending and will try to do so (perhaps unsuccsessfully because of congress)
- will probably appoint pro-life judges

con:
- will probably not effectively address health care
- may be too tied into the tax cut trickbag that has created huge debts
- his approach to Iraq is a question mark - his plan is as vague as Bush's
- the world might see him as a continuation of the Bush regime; thus further hurting America's standing in the world

Obama
pro:
- will probably address healthcare and has a democratic congress to help
- will immediately void much of the racial divide (although his success may stir up extreme bigotry on both sides of the color wall)
- is extremely thoughtful and will decide issues using common sense
- preaches unity and aisle crossing (but has not exhibited it in his short tenure)
- will more likely end the Iraq debacle - hopefully in unison with the UN to ensure peacekeepers or some similar solution
- will probably raise taxes on the rich and on business with good and bad results
- is more likely to initiate alternative energy policy early

con:
- is loosely tied to black leadership (Wright, Farakhan, Jackson, Sharpton) - any connection is a negative
- may raise taxes on working class
- may raise taxes on wealthy too much - tax raise should be offset by investment incentives
- may embarrass US by being a "Jimmy Carter - style" diplomat; i.e. weak
- his lack of experience may be a problem during tough times

__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


DIO's #1 Lady Bandit

Status: Offline
Posts: 306
Date: Apr 28, 2008

squidhammer wrote:

My current feeling is that Obama has a very calculated but reasonable centrist (racially) viewpoint. Like Nagin, I'm not sure what would happen if the schlitz hits the fan but I'm willing to give him the chance.

There are lots of videos of Obama with his hand on his chest for the pledge so I don't think it was as calculated as some may say. He may simply have been focused on some chick in the audience or his gay lover or bombing a Catholic church.




 

Ok, if Obama has a reasonably racial viewpoint, then why in his own book does he also down whites? Why if there are instances of him placing his hand over his heart during NA is his supporters not bringing that forth? Why did Obama say with his own mouth he refuses to wear a patriotic flag pen on his lapel?

Your Pros and Cons for Obama are relevent however, how can you say a man who in his own words downed whites, yet you say he "will immediately void much of the racial divide?" Playing on the emotions of both sides because he's "half honkey, all donkey" while in the race, does not mean when the race is over his true colors exhibited in his book and by showing hypocritical decision making concerning the Imus vs. Wright argument will not surface in a worse fashion.

Also, people keep saying, "he's so thoughtful," yet so is a wolf in sheeps clothing at first.

Obama came out of nowhere compared to Clinton and McCain, and Im not totally prepared to trust him with a presidential seat. When the race card was played, Obama's efforts became tainted. When I heard he was running initially I was excited, thinking perhaps finally this country has progressed past all that racial crap. Has McCain spoken out against the race of people who made him a POW? Has Hillary blamed the blacks in this country for the difficulties in her life as part of her campaign? Has her preacher or husband...daughter? Rev. Wright does have some valid points but it's the negative way he brings them forth that ruins the overall effort. Same with Obama. Acknowledging a dividing line between the races is exactly what he's done which exactly opposite of what this country needs.

America is supposed to be better than that yet it's a nasty little secret, those skeletons in the closet that keep festering due to the racially negativity from BOTH sides. Anyone running for President who plays into that is just not a good candidate.

 






-- Edited by iBeaux at 19:35, 2008-04-28

__________________
Love & Lady Kisses






Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 28, 2008

iBeaux wrote:

Ok, if Obama has a reasonably racial viewpoint, then why in his own book does he also down whites?

Your Pros and Cons for Obama are relevent however, how can you say a man who in his own words downed whites, yet you say he "will immediately void much of the racial divide?"

 




For the most part if Obama is elected then it will then be harder to paint this country as racist and that it would never elect an African-American president.


 

This would change the dynamic in many ways. We might see less set-asides or quota programs but we also might see a greater push for slavery reparations.



__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



DIO's #1 Lady Bandit

Status: Offline
Posts: 306
Date: Apr 28, 2008

artcinco wrote:

 

iBeaux wrote:

Ok, if Obama has a reasonably racial viewpoint, then why in his own book does he also down whites?

Your Pros and Cons for Obama are relevent however, how can you say a man who in his own words downed whites, yet you say he "will immediately void much of the racial divide?"

 




For the most part if Obama is elected then it will then be harder to paint this country as racist and that it would never elect an African-American president.


 

This would change the dynamic in many ways. We might see less set-asides or quota programs but we also might see a greater push for slavery reparations.

 




You know, I felt the same way concerning having an African-American president, that there wouldn't be no more "this country's run by whites" excuses from some but lately Im beginning to wonder. Some people are never satisfied. I dont trust that there would be some animosity mixed in there somewhere. Maybe appoint Rev. Wright to take Conda-sleeza's (as Rev. Wright calls her) job?


As for slavery reparations, how do I sign up for my check? Since my decendants were enslaved over history by many different groups who are still in existense in one form or another, maybe I should contact the UN? The Jews? Can I trade the "mule" for a pygmie goat?


American Slavery reparations is a ridiculous idea. It's been over 200 years and it's time to move on. If the already bankrupt US had to hand out slavery reparation checks they may have to dip into the welfare system to do so. Nah, they'll just raise my property taxes again or have a 25% sales tax. LOL


Im not sold on Obama and I doubt I will be now. However, it would not surprise me one bit if he wins the whole kaboodle!

-- Edited by iBeaux at 00:00, 2008-04-29

__________________
Love & Lady Kisses






Rising

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Apr 29, 2008

iBeaux wrote:

 

squidhammer wrote:

My current feeling is that Obama has a very calculated but reasonable centrist (racially) viewpoint. Like Nagin, I'm not sure what would happen if the schlitz hits the fan but I'm willing to give him the chance.

There are lots of videos of Obama with his hand on his chest for the pledge so I don't think it was as calculated as some may say. He may simply have been focused on some chick in the audience or his gay lover or bombing a Catholic church.




 

Ok, if Obama has a reasonably racial viewpoint, then why in his own book does he also down whites? Why if there are instances of him placing his hand over his heart during NA is his supporters not bringing that forth? Why did Obama say with his own mouth he refuses to wear a patriotic flag pen on his lapel?

Your Pros and Cons for Obama are relevent however, how can you say a man who in his own words downed whites, yet you say he "will immediately void much of the racial divide?" Playing on the emotions of both sides because he's "half honkey, all donkey" while in the race, does not mean when the race is over his true colors exhibited in his book and by showing hypocritical decision making concerning the Imus vs. Wright argument will not surface in a worse fashion.

Also, people keep saying, "he's so thoughtful," yet so is a wolf in sheeps clothing at first.

Obama came out of nowhere compared to Clinton and McCain, and Im not totally prepared to trust him with a presidential seat. When the race card was played, Obama's efforts became tainted. When I heard he was running initially I was excited, thinking perhaps finally this country has progressed past all that racial crap. Has McCain spoken out against the race of people who made him a POW? Has Hillary blamed the blacks in this country for the difficulties in her life as part of her campaign? Has her preacher or husband...daughter? Rev. Wright does have some valid points but it's the negative way he brings them forth that ruins the overall effort. Same with Obama. Acknowledging a dividing line between the races is exactly what he's done which exactly opposite of what this country needs.

America is supposed to be better than that yet it's a nasty little secret, those skeletons in the closet that keep festering due to the racially negativity from BOTH sides. Anyone running for President who plays into that is just not a good candidate.

 


-- Edited by iBeaux at 19:35, 2008-04-28

 




Obama hand on heart: I looked. There are lots of photos and videos of Obama doing the hand pledge thing (personally this is not an issue for me. I'm not upset if Obama has some kind of personal issue with honoring the US as it is today. I don't make goofy statements like that but I understand if he is upset with the state of things.) He also sings the national anthem on many occasions.

I also think it's weird that wearing flag pins is some kind litmus test for president. I'm sure there are photos of Bush, Cheney and McCain sans flag pin.

Obama has secret agenda and is hiding racial hatred: I hope I'm right on this one. I did mention that my main concern with BO is based on similar happenings with Nagin.

But fearing that is like fearing McCain was brainwashed during his imprisonment and could switch on as soon as he is inaugurated.

Obama is thoughtful: I mean he is a thinker. Maybe "contemplative" is a more appropriate word.

Obama came out of nowhere: It's true. Lack of experience is a consideration. But I'm willing to take the chance that the right time for this type of change is now.

Saying that Obama is a negative person is not credible to me. He is overwhelmingly positive and hopeful. It would be much, much easier to find negative speech from McCain and Clinton than Obama.

I think Obama is closer to acknowledging the racial divide in a realistic way than anyone before him - primarily because he shares the perspective of both races.



__________________
"rumps are manly snacks!"
no-pirates.JPG


Mob Ruler

Status: Offline
Posts: 644
Date: Apr 30, 2008

Obama's FINALLY denouncing Wright speech:

5takei.gif5takei.gif5takei.gif5takei.gif

__________________


amd_thebest.gif   artcinco_avatar.gif



DIO's #1 Lady Bandit

Status: Offline
Posts: 306
Date: Apr 30, 2008

artcinco wrote:

Obama's FINALLY denouncing Wright speech:

5takei.gif5takei.gif5takei.gif5takei.gif




Why now? I'll tell you why, because he's seeing how much it has hurt his campaign. Still I have little respect for actions under duress or force due to it hurting one's personal agenda. If he wasn't running for Pres. would he still be a member of the Rev Wright hate group? Probably. In fact, I doubt his feelings have changed, only on the surface for the voters to see.


Rev. Wright's pulpit comments vs. a Grand Dragon, KKK rally comments. Same spirit and it's not a good spirit. I denounce any so-called Christian institution that preaches hate and twist God's word to fit their beliefs.

Personally I would not be surprised if Obama won the Democrat position on the ticket and even the Presidency.

squidhammer wrote:


Obama hand on heart: I looked. There are lots of photos and videos of Obama doing the hand pledge thing (personally this is not an issue for me. I'm not upset if Obama has some kind of personal issue with honoring the US as it is today. I don't make goofy statements like that but I understand if he is upset with the state of things.) He also sings the national anthem on many occasions.

I also think it's weird that wearing flag pins is some kind litmus test for president. I'm sure there are photos of Bush, Cheney and McCain sans flag pin.

Obama has secret agenda and is hiding racial hatred: I hope I'm right on this one. I did mention that my main concern with BO is based on similar happenings with Nagin.

But fearing that is like fearing McCain was brainwashed during his imprisonment and could switch on as soon as he is inaugurated.

Obama is thoughtful: I mean he is a thinker. Maybe "contemplative" is a more appropriate word.

Obama came out of nowhere: It's true. Lack of experience is a consideration. But I'm willing to take the chance that the right time for this type of change is now.

Saying that Obama is a negative person is not credible to me. He is overwhelmingly positive and hopeful. It would be much, much easier to find negative speech from McCain and Clinton than Obama.

I think Obama is closer to acknowledging the racial divide in a realistic way than anyone before him - primarily because he shares the perspective of both races.




LOL You're not upset if Obama has a problem being patriotic in a country where he's running to be the leader? Okkkkkkkkk You should be if it's true. However, if it's just a ploy by Hillary's camp or the Reps. to make him look bad, then fine. That I would not be surprised about either. Mudlsinging has been rampant.


As for the wearing a flag pin being a "litmus," I don't feel so. I just find it unsettling that he's so adamant to do something that has caused him to be viewed unPatriotic. Should we now believe him? If he's upset with the state of things, then run a real great campaign and work towards change. (Isn't that a campaign slogan of his...LOL) There's a way to disagree with the state of this country without dishonoring it.

Then again I did say Im not a fan of people doing things under duress or force just to benefit their personal agenda....LOL He's entitled to be unPatriotic, sure, just that still makes him not a good choice then for Pres. Just my opinion, which doesn't matter anyway...really....

Im impressed with how "thoughtful" you guys (Squid & Art) are concerning politics. It's not my strong area, obviously, but I do still have strong feelings about some issues. Call me a religious fanatic if you want (Im not really) but I feel it's all mapped out in fate and destiny anyway to some degree. Whats meant to be will surely be, whether we like it or not.





-- Edited by iBeaux at 17:03, 2008-04-30

__________________
Love & Lady Kisses




Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard